Ad hoc announcements

Inside Information according to Article 17 MAR - secunet Security Networks AG: Management Board intends to propose to annual general meeting a dividend distribution in the amount of 2.04 Euro per secunet share

[Essen / Germany, 12 March 2019] Based on the preliminary, unaudited figures for the 2018 financial year, the Management Board of secunet Security Networks AG (ISIN DE0007276503, WKN 727650) today resolved to propose to the Supervisory Board a resolution on the appropriation of profits to be submitted to the annual general meeting with respect to the financial year 2018 entailing a dividend payment in the amount of 2.04 Euro per dividend-entitled share. Such total amount comprises a regular dividend in the amount of 1.13 Euro per dividend-entitled share and an additional special dividend in the amount of 0.91 Euro per dividend-entitled share. This corresponds to a regular distribution of 50%, a special distribution of 40% and in total a distribution of 90% of the distributable profits. The dividend payment in the previous year amounted to 1.20 Euro per dividend-entitled share. In such previous year, 50% of the distributable profits were distributed to the shareholders.The special dividend is distributed because of the very successful financial year 2018. The available level of cash and cash equivalents in the amount of 56.0 million Euros as well as the cash generating business model of secunet enable secunet to distribute the special dividend, without adjusting its continued growth-oriented business strategy.This proposal is still subject to the approval by the Supervisory Board. If the Supervisory Board grants its approval, the proposal on the appropriation of profits will be submitted for resolution by the annual general meeting, which is expected to take place on 15 May 2019.

This press release contains predictive statements. Predictive statements are statements that do not describe facts of the past; they also include statements regarding our assumptions and expectations. Any statement in this press release that conveys our intentions, assumptions, expectations or predictions (and the assumptions on which they are based) is a predictive statement. These statements are based on planning, estimates and forecasts that are currently available to the management of secunet Security Networks AG. Predictive statements therefore only apply to the day on which they were made. We assume no obligation to update such statements with regard to new information or future events.