Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Member of the Supervisory Board since May 2017
- Chairman of the Management Board and CEO of Giesecke+Devrient GmbH, Munich/Germany
- Chairman of the Technology and Innovation Committee since July 2021
- veridos GmbH, Berlin/Germany
- Netcetera AG, Zurich/Switzerland
- Cyber Defense research institute of the Bundeswehr University, Munich/Germany
Ralf Wintergerst is Chairman of the Management Board of Giesecke+Devrient (G+D). In addition to his duties as CEO, he is responsible for the Central Services departments of Information Systems, Corporate Security, Compliance Management and Auditing, Corporate Communications, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Legal Services and Corporate Governance.
Wintergerst joined G+D in 1998 as Director of International Subsidiaries in the Cards and Services business. Between 1999 and 2005 he held various management positions in the division Currency Management Solutions, ultimately heading it from 2006 on. As Group Executive of the business unit Banknote Wintergerst has been a member of the Giesecke+Devrient Management Board since 2013. In November 2016 he was appointed Chairman of the Management Board.
In addition, Wintergerst holds various positions related to IT security issues, including member of the advisory board of the Cyber Defense research institute of the Bundeswehr University in Munich and co-chair of the Digital Summit Platform "Security, Protection and Trust" of the Federal Ministry of the Interior.
Ralf Wintergerst studied Business Administration and holds a Master´s Degree in Management as well as in Politics, Philosophy and Economics.